We are very concerned about pain management in our patients. In keeping with that theme, we are investing in the latest technology for our surgeries, a surgical laser. When considering elective surgery, our clients are usually most concerned with safety and pain control.
Did you know that most surgical procedures can be done with the laser? That’s right, the same laser that has been utilized in human medicine has no been adapted for use in animals.
There are many benefits of the surgical laser for you as a pet owner to be aware of and consider:
* Seals Nerve Endings ~ Lasers cut tissue with a beam of light, which seals the nerve endings and significantly reduces the pain when they
* Seals Blood Vessels ~ Lasers seal the blood vessels as they cut so there is usually no need to bandage after surgery.
* Seals Lymphatic Vessels ~ Lasers seal the lymphatic vessels which nearly eliminates post surgical swelling.
* A “No Touch” Delivery System ~ Lasers cut without touching tissue which eliminates much of the trauma associated with standard cutting
* More Precise ~ Lasers allow the surgeon to be able to perform surgery with more precision.
* Faster Recovery ~ The usage of a surgical laser will speed up the recovery of almost any surgical procedure due to decreased bleeding,
pain, and swelling.
So when you are ready to schedule an elective surgery, inquire about the possibility of using surgical laser. Laser option fees do vary depending on the surgical procedure. Please contact us today for more information.